Philly : Get all the Cozy + Holiday Vibes
Updated: Dec 13, 2018
Even though B.B. Luxe Headquarters is in Philadelphia, PA; we swear we're not bias! We think Philly is the go-to travel destination in the U.S. for cozy winter wonderlusting. Philly is a big city with those small town vibes. Everyone here is a little gritty that you easily grow to love. And if you show Philly some love, we love you right back without question!
Welcome to the Winter/Holiday Edition at the NEW B.B. Luxe Retreats Blog! This is a place where we will be sharing explorations from solo trips, to retreats, to community shares! We want this to be a place where we all spread more joy for life and connection to the world.
Let's start by breaking this guide down! Check out the 13 "must-do" in Philly over the holiday season; categorized by Food / Drink and then Lights / Festive
Philly is already a well known foodie city, so you can only imagine all to goodness that is offered during this season. We pulled together our favorite spots in the city that not only have great food but are also embracing the holidays! Let's start!
1. Parc Restaurant This upscale French restaurant is one of the best spots to dine and almost feel like you're spending a night on Avenue des Champs-Élysées in Paris. And around the holiday's, they do not skimp on binging the spirit and warmth with tastefully placed lights, garland, and wreaths. It makes the perfect setting to sip on a cafe au lait and laugh with old friends or family. If you are planning on doing brunch here, (which we highly recommend!) make sure to order the Mushroom Tart. It's just heaven!
2. The Dandelion Let's keep this international theme going, shall we!? Our next festive stop has to be across the pond (figuratively of course) to this, five star, London inspired pub and restaurant for some high tea! To get real cozy sit by the real wood burning fireplace and listen to the faint clatter of the pub hanging in the background. We recommend trying one of the seasonal cocktails for one of the best "hot-toddy's" you'll ever have called the Polyjuice Potion. Just like your Gran used to make (well... almost!).
3. Plough and The Stars.
Get the spirit of Saint Nick in your soul at this bar during the holiday season! This pub has classic early American architecture since it's located in the Corn Exchange Bank, built in 1901, which will give you all of the old world feels. With their authentic Irish food and music every Sunday, mixed with their beautiful lights and trees; you will let all that holiday stress just melt away. So, grab an Irish Coffee, try the shepard's pie, and get your Christmas gig on!
4. McGillin’s Olde Ale House
The oldest bar in Philadelphia where the drafts have been poured since 1860. This is a must stop location no matter what time of year you're in Philadelphia. But, during the holiday's this place goes all out with festive decorations and lights from floor to ceiling. You don't have to go very far in this city to find a good Irish pub, but this historical landmark is one you don't want to skip. With 30 beers on tap, expect a fun night of dancing and Christmas carolling at their open mic nights
5. Tinsel Christmas Pop-up Bar
Once a year this little magical bar comes to 12th and Sansom to bring us so much Christmas cheer! they really pack in all the holiday lights they can into this small nook of a bar. This a great spot to treat your co-workers to a happy hour drink to take the edge off before you all go out onto Walnut Street for gift shopping. Also, it's undeniable how instagram worthy every inch of this place is!
6. American Sardine Bar
A South Philly fav takes a stab at getting the neighborhood in the holiday spirit as well. With colorful market lighting, classic blow mold Santa's hung up on the fence, and some hot cocoa, you'll love this little local spot. Sip, chat, and get that crisp winter air in your lungs!
7. The Lodge @ Blue Cross River Rink
You’ll be posting loads of engaging content, so be sure to keep your blog organized with Categories that also allow visitors to explore more of what interests them.
Create Relevant Content Writing a blog is a great way to position yourself as an authority in your field and captivate your readers’ attention. Do you want to improve your site’s SEO ranking? Consider topics that focus on relevant keywords and relate back to your website or business. You can also add hashtags (#vacation #dream #summer) throughout your posts to reach more people, and help visitors search for relevant content.
Blogging gives your site a voice, so let your business’ personality shine through. Choose a great image to feature in your post or add a video for extra engagement. Are you ready to get started? Simply create a new post now.